Educational Center for Socio-Educational and Extracurricular Activities
room 2-68, 4 Svobody Sq, 61022, Kharkiv
The Educational Center for Socio-Educational and Extracurricular Activities is a structural subdivision of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University and part of the Education Quality Assurance Department.
Its main tasks are: to plan, organize, and control extracurricular and socio-educational activities taking into account national and racial differences of students, traditions and corporate culture of the University; to develop students' civil responsibility, patriotism, academic integrity, corporate culture, healthy lifestyle.
Main areas of activity:
- drawing up the University’s documents on organizing and implementing socio-educational and extracurricular activities;
- providing support to students, including individuals with special needs, foreign students (social, advisory, legal assistance, psychological support, insurance);
- ensuring interaction and cooperation of the University administration with student self-government bodies, trade unions, other public, youth, student, and volunteer organizations;
- planning, organizing, and coordinating educational and extracurricular activities;
- planning, organizing, and coordinating the work to ensure favorable conditions for learning, extracurricular activities, in particular for foreigners and individuals with special educational needs;
- developing, introducing, and monitoring the implementation of the plan of educational work and main mass and traditional activities of the University;
- coordinating and monitoring educational work at the Schools and on campus;
- managing extracurricular and educational work of educational structural subdivisions, coordinating the work of curators of academic groups;
- coordinating and monitoring the work of Associate Deans for Character-Building of the Schools;
- coordinating the activity of the student club “Karazin Student’s Hall”;
- organizing systematic information support for students on various aspects of the University’s activity;
- improving students’ living conditions, monitoring the settlement of undergraduate and postgraduate students in dormitories and eviction
- from dormitories, assisting in getting subsidies for communal services;
promoting the creation of student clubs, societies, associations, and coordinating their activities;
- providing methodological management and coordination of the work of structural subdivisions of the University, which carry out cultural, art, and educational activity;
- cooperating with other educational institutions, enterprises, public and youth organizations on issues related to the activities of the Center.