School of Law
The School of Law of Kharkiv University traces its history back to 1804, from the Department of Moral and Political Sciences, which later became a School. In 1920, the School of Law was eliminated and on its basis the School of Law of the Kharkiv Institute of National Economy was created, which subsequently became the Yaroslav Mudry National Law Academy. The School of Law was restored in 2004 by the University President’s Order No. 0202-1/088 of June 1, 2004. The revival of the School within the walls of one of the oldest universities in Eastern Europe resulted from the need to restore the structure of the classical university, and also helped replenish the state, public, law enforcement agencies and institutions with professional lawyers. The School of Law trains specialists under the academic programs "Law" and "International Law". Students consistently study basic legal disciplines, as well as humanitarian and socio-economic subjects. Bachelor’s and Master’s students can choose to specialize in one of the three fields: state law, civil law, criminal law.
Students are taught by more than 70 highly qualified specialists, including 21 Doctors of Sciences, 15 of whom are full professors; 45 PhDs, 36 of whom are associate professors; 4 Merited Lawyers of Ukraine.
The School currently consists of five departments: Department of State and Legal Disciplines, Department of Civil and Legal Disciplines, Department of Criminal and Legal Disciplines, Department of Constitutional and Municipal Law, Department of International and European Law.
Full-time and part-time students of the School get a Bachelor’s degree (4 years of study) and Master’s degree (1.5 years of study).
For more information about the School, including admission rules, terms and conditions of study, etc., please visit the School’s website.
Doctor of Law, Professor
Phone: +380 (57) 705-24-99
Address: room 427, 6 Svobody Sq, 61022, Kharkiv