International Scientific and Practical Conference "Historical and Cultural Phenomenon of the Ukrainian Economic Academy in Podyebrady"
On November 25, 2022, the International Scientific and Practical Conference "Historical and Cultural Phenomenon of the Ukrainian Economic Academy in Podyebrady" will be held online.
Organizers of the event: the Department of Tourism Business and Country Studies of the Faculty of International Economic Relations and Tourism Business of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, the Embassy of Ukraine in the Czech Republic, the public organization "Ukrainian Memorial" in the Czech Republic, the Institute of East European Studies of Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic Association of Ukrainianists, Institute of Diaspora Studies (Kyiv).
The purpose of the event is to study and popularize the legacy of outstanding figures of culture, education and science of Ukraine in general and students and teachers of Kharkiv University in particular, who emigrated to Czechoslovakia after the liberation struggle and were able to create a unique Ukrainian Academy of Economics. It was this academy that became a platform for the expression of Ukrainian state-building ideas. The conference has a memorial character and is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Ukrainian Economic Academy in Podyebrady.
During the conference, there will be meetings of sections in the following areas:
- the activity of Ukrainian emigrants in Czechoslovakia in the interwar period as a cornerstone of Ukrainian statehood;
- scientific, terminological, engineering and cultural and educational activities of teachers and graduates of the Ukrainian Academy of Economics;
- "Podebrad Regiment of the Ukrainian People's Republic": from former soldiers of the liberation struggle to students and teachers of the Ukrainian Economic Academy;
- the activities of the Ukrainian Academy of Economics and its successors: the Ukrainian Technical and Economic Institute of Extramural Education in Podebrady, Munich and New York;
- Ukrainian addresses in the Czech Republic and Czech addresses in Ukraine as a component of the cultural diplomacy of both countries.
Submission of applications: until November 15, 2022.
Submission of articles for publication: until December 25, 2022.
Start of the event: at 14:00
Information sheet (PDF, 431 Kb)